Invitation for Bids (IFB)
One WaSH National Program CWA
Sawula Medium Town
Water Supply, and Sanitation Project
IFB Title Five Deep Wells Drilling&Construction
National Competitive Bidding (NCB)
IFB No. SNNPRWIDB/WRDF/BH/02/2017
1. The SNNP regional Water & Irrigation Development Bureau through the Government of Ethiopia has received Loan from International Development Association (IDA) the cost of Town Water Supply, Sanitation and Hygiene Project and it intends to apply part of funds to cover eligible payments under the contract for Five Deep Wells, Drilling and Construction of Saul a Medium Town Water Supply & Sanitation Projects.
2. The SNNP Regional Water & Irrigation Development now invites eligible bidders for Drilling and Constructions of Five DeepWells in Saula Medium Town clusters of drilling&construction of Five deep wells are listed below;
Lot No 1
- Zone - Gamo Goffa
- Medium town - Sawula
- Woreda - Demba Goffa
- Type of well - 5 BH
- Anticipated depth (m) - 4BH=280M & 1BH=300 M
3. Bidding will be conducted through National Competitive Bidding (NCB) as specified in theWorld Bank's Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDACredits, and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries as defined in the Guidelines.
4. Bids shall be valid for a period of Sixty (60) days after Bid opening.
5. Bid must be accompanied by bid security of 75,.000.00 (Seventy Five Thousand) Birr in the formof Unconditional Bank Guarantee, or C.P.O. (Certified Payment Order) and shall remainValid for 90 (Ninety) days. Insurance bond is not acceptable.
6. Qualification requirements include: (i) ownership (or existing lease) of a suitable drilling rig, Compressor, etc (ii) Experience in drilling of Boreholes of similar anticipated depth, and (iii) an experienced drilling team.Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
7. A complete set of Bidding Document may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application and copies of necessary renewed licenses with originals from SNNP Regional Water&Irrigation Development Bureau, Procurement, Finance and Property Adm. S/process, Room number 101, Hawassa City, Telephone number 0462212471, upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of Birr 200 (Two Hundred) only.
8. Bids must be delivered to the SNNP Regional Water and Irrigation Development Bureau, Room number 102 Hawassa City, and Telephone number 0462212471, at or before 2:00 p.m. on 30th calendar day from the date of this announcement. If the 30th day is not working day or the date of National Holy Day, the bid submission will be the next working day at the same Venue and time. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected.
9. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders'/their representatives who choose to attend in person at 2:30 p.m. on 30th calendar day from the date of this announcement. If the 30th day is not working day or the date of National Holy Day, the bid opening date will be the next working day at the same Venue and time at SNNP Regional Water and Irrigation Development Bureau, Hawassa city.
10. The SNNP Regional Water and Irrigation Development Bureau reserves the right to reject all or part of the bid.
Full Address: SNNP Regional Water&Irrigation Development Bureau
In front ofHawassa University,Main campus, P/F/P/Ad/Sup/Process, RoomNo 102, first floor
Telephone number, 0462 21 24 71/209974, Fax 046220 6998/3939Hawassa, Ethiopia.